Just a little update as I'll give a big debrief of the project next month as a bonus! But here's where I'm at right now: Butterflies have started coming! Here's one including an artist's pallet!
And I've started using blender to design the 3D butterflies these drawing will be an image texture on top of. I've also started exploring with an Azure Kinect! I have been able to borrow from from CCiXR - at the University of Portsmouth, I've been able to strengthen this connection through my DYCP grant. Thanks ACE! So I'm working towards my goal of combining all my skills in both Python and Unity / C# to create an interactive projection outcome!